So, I’m still plugging away at my list. There’s actually about 7 things that I’ve completed that I just need to blog! This little list has seriously been such a wonderful experience for me, and I really really encourage you to make your own! I’ve already revised the list once, but it’s that time again! I was going through the items figuring out what to work on, and I realized I really only have a little over a year to go! I better get moving on these things if I have any hope to finish at all.
I’m making the decision to do away with the entire cooking section. I’ve done a few of them anyway (I made homemade jam, covered something in chocolate, dehydrated food, and I’ve made granola bars). So I had some personal growth, which is what this thing is all about in the first place. We eat healthy, we cook, we do a good job in that arena. I’m just not motivated to complete and/or blog that section. One of the biggest motivators for doing this is that I “get” to blog about it. It’s like a reward for completion and of course the documentation is nice. Anyway…if a tree falls in the forest…
In addition to the cooking section I’m also doing away with these…
- #94 – Get a font of my handwriting made. – Just don’t care about it. No need.
- #79 – Make a pinhole camera with Ansley. – Too hard/she doesn’t care.
- #96 – Spend a day at home in my pjs, all day, sans kids. – Um, this is like my everyday life now so….I think I’m good.
- #98 – Start a handwritten journal. I actually “started” this, yes, and even blogged about it here. BUT I didn’t stick with it so it’s got to go.
- #26 – Buy and implement a great home-keeping/organizing book. I blogged about this here, but it’s just NOT gonna happen. That goal was totally unrealistic to start with.
Therefore, out with all that and in with these which I AM excited about!
- Finish the gallery wall in the stairwell
- Make/buy business cards
- Support 3 local artists by helping to promote them and by buying a piece of their art (0/3)
- Make a Blurb or Artifact Uprising book
- Grow on herb garden
- Pick our own pumpkins
- Cut our own Christmas tree
- Start a new family tradition
- Mail holiday cards
- Make a little art book for each of my children
- Create a piece of abstract fine art photography and print it up BIG
- Finish up loose ends (title pages, blank pockets, missing weeks) from my albums
- Make a hanging light fixture
- Help Ansley finish her scrapbook
- Have Ansley document “a day in the life” with a disposable camera
- Plant something on Earth Day
- Complete 10 Pinterest organizing tricks
- Complete this list and make a new one when I’m done
Once again, since photo-less posts are boring. Here’s a pic of my split leaf philodendron. :)
As always, thanks for reading and following along. xoxo